Curtis Michael Faith
The Curtis Faith path is very dark.
The real Curtis Faith story resembles nothing of his autobiographical accounts. This rotten story reveals the extent to which false legends can be created on Wall Street. The details are overwhelming: Multiple arrests in multiple States, multiple Government documents and depositions, a Faith family member, other traders, performance records, direct interviews with Faith’s former business associates, a former employee and Faith’s own words–all show him different than his representations.
For example, the following two CFTC depositions describe how Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital imploded: Deposition One (2006) and Deposition Two (2006). Curtis Faith’s then partner Yuri Plyam explains how he and Faith met, what type of trading system they used, the ownership breakdown of Acceleration Capital, Faith’s background, the management fees, how much they put up to start Acceleration Capital and Faith’s subsequent disappearance. Further, a male employee was stealing money from Acceleration Capital to buy trips, buy cars, to pay for a gastric bypass surgery, to buy gifts for his boyfriend and to buy barbie dolls on eBay (Many files obtained through the U.S. Freedom of Information requests).
- 2015: State of Georgia incarceration July 2015 to December 2015.
- 2015: Curtis Michael Faith (VIDEO) announces his recent jail time. Speaks about his alleged sexual assault in jail.
- 2015: Curtis Michael Faith multiple arrests in Georgia; Charged § 16-8-5 & § 16-7-1(b); PDF.
- 2014: Curtis Michael Faith multiple arrests in Virginia; Charged § 18.2-137, § 18.2-250-1 & § 18.2-456.
- 2014: Curtis Michael Faith civil action against Crossroads Behavioral Health.
- 2012: Curtis Michael Faith (VIDEO), while wearing a hoodie, announces world movement.
- 2012: Curtis Michael: “I am out of money. None at all. Well, $27 in my pocket. No more anywhere. My wife doesn’t work. I’ve spent every last dime working on trying to figure out a way to make a difference and now I’m left with $27. That’s a twenty and seven ones, two of them are pretty rough. A twenty and seven ones. And that is all it will take to change the world. What did Jesus say about the mustard grain. Hell, I’m Curtis Michael Faith, if I don’t have Faith who does?”
- 2010: Curtis Michael Faith (VIDEO) announces, after a 2010 gut feel ‘sell call’ of all world markets, that Abraham Lincoln was gay. Video shows Faith possibly impaired.
- 2009-10: Curtis Faith’s family member speaks out: “In this age of financial mayhem, crackpots and charlatans, my [sibling] holding himself out in a second book as some sort of financial whiz kid, really sickens me. Enough is enough of his lies. He owes a long line of people money, including me. About the only thing he knows about money is how to spend other peoples…Until someone knocks him off his cloud, his life will remain one long fantasy of his own fabrication.”
- 2009: Curtis Faith on trading by “gut”.
- 2008: Curtis Faith (VIDEO) asks Obama to listen to him.
- 2007: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital permanently surrendered registration with the CFTC via settlement in January 2007 for what the CFTC believed were violations of the Commodity Exchange Act.
- 2007: Curtis Faith: “I am not broke. I have had several periods in the last several years where I was very, very low on cash, but that’s not the same thing as being broke. Even if I had been broke, I’m not sure it matters as I’m selling software, not advice on how not to ever go broke.”
- 2006: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital; CFTC Investigation 255 pages (PDF).
- 2006: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital; CFTC Investigation 94 pages (PDF).
- 2005: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital; CFTC Investigation 199 pages (PDF).
- 2003: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital; Offering Documents/Bios (PDF).
- 2003: Curtis Faith on cash issues.
- 2003: Story about meeting Curtis Faith.
- 2002: Curtis Faith’s firm Borealis: SEC investigation.
- More: Curtis Faith’s Jehovah’s Witness beliefs.
- More: Curtis Faith’s firm Acceleration Capital (more details).
- More: Curtis Faith’s comments.
- More: Curtis Faith has claimed to be the Chief Investment Officer of Galt Capital. Galt Capital referred to itself as “The Most Profitable Community Of Investors In The World.” There was no evidence for those statements.
- Known associates: Anthony Garner, David Bromley, Yuri Plyam (PDF), Andreas Clenow.
The Turtle story was fascinating and mysterious, but the veil has been lifted for the first time. If you want to know the true Turtle trading winners, and the unvarnished Curtis Faith tale, the bestseller The Complete TurtleTrader is the starting point:
Trend Following Products
Review trend following systems and training:
More info here.